Last of the Monster Kids

Last of the Monster Kids
"LAST OF THE MONSTER KIDS" - Available Now on the Amazon Kindle Marketplace!

Friday, February 24, 2017

Bangers n' Mash 103: The World of Harry Potter


This one was JD's idea. Regular readers may recall the retrospective of the Harry Potter films I did a few months back. At the time, this was done as the lead-up to a podcast episode about this same topic. But, the production of the Bangers n' Mash Show being what it is, the episode kept getting pushed back. So now that "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" is just a distant memory, here's an episode concerning the cinematic Potter-verse.

Through no extra planning, this might be one of our more entertaining episodes. Over not-quite-an-hour of audio, JD and I wander down some... Interesting conversational pathways. Such as the syntax of the phrase "big ass fucking snake," the correct pronunciation of the name "Dobby," British accents, the practical applications of an invisibility cloak, and what it means to be invested in a franchise. And along the way, I probably alienate both fans and non-fans of the "Harry Potter" series!



So now time for a tedious Film Thoughts update. As I'm sure you know, the Oscars are Sunday night. I had planned on posting four more reviews before the ceremony, including the reviews of the short films. The truth is this entire past week, I've had maybe the worst cold I have experienced in my entire life. This seriously cut into my productivity but I'm happy to say I'm finally getting better. I am unhappy to say there won't be any more Oscar reviews before my annual live-blog. I'll try and do better next year, you guys.


No comments: