Last of the Monster Kids

Last of the Monster Kids
"LAST OF THE MONSTER KIDS" - Available Now on the Amazon Kindle Marketplace!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Bangers n' Mash 88: Bride of Universal Horror

It's surprising it hasn't happened sooner. For eighty-seven episodes of the Bangers n' Mash Show, JD and I have always been to able to align our schedules twice a month to record. I guess that's a good record. For the first time this month, I had to go solo on a show. Mr. Bangers is going it alone this time.

The truth is JD got sick suddenly. I didn't want to move ahead with one of our planned episodes without him. I had to think of a new topic I could throw together quickly and easily. Over at my Letterboxd account, since March, I've been re-posting my old reviews of the Universal Monsters series, when I ran through as many of them as possible a few years back. With these relatively recent in my mind, I decided that would be the topic for this episode.

Instead of repeating things we said way back in our first episode, I decided to talk about some of the more overlooked Universal horror classics. Because of his ridiculous prejudice against silent films, it's not like JD will ever watch "Phantom of the Opera" or "The Man Who Laughs" anyway. And who the hell knows when I'll get around to making him watch some Rondo Hatton movies.



Considering about seventy percent of all Bangers n' Mash episodes are composed of me rambling on anyway, this episode honestly isn't that different then our usual stuff. But JD will definitely be back next time. We've already recorded the next episode and it should be out sometime next week.

No comments: