Last of the Monster Kids

Last of the Monster Kids
"LAST OF THE MONSTER KIDS" - Available Now on the Amazon Kindle Marketplace!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Bangers n' Mash 62: Batman & Robin (1997) Commentary

When JD and I decided to start the Bangers n' Mash Show, I knew there was no hope of us creating a weekly show. Firstly, we both have lives. Secondly, even before starting the program, I knew I would never be comfortable releasing unedited episodes. So we both agreed on two episodes a month as a good number. This schedule slipped wildly in our first year, in which we only put out 9 episodes. We've been doing a lot better since then, mostly meeting our goal. Except usually in January, as previously established. Normally, I let this slid but... I don't know, it would be nice have 24 episodes a year, don't you think?

So that's when commentaries happen. I've complained about them before. I hate recording them. Due to the very nature of the thing, I can't edit them, so all the slips, stuttering, breathing, coughing, snarfing, double-speech, mumbling, and rambling off-topic goes in. This most recent one, at the very least, wasn't interrupted by a phone call or my neighbors doing construction. We also mostly stayed on topic.

Anyway, JD and I talked over "Batman & Robin." He picked the movie. I think we managed to pierce the film's odd camp appeal a little. It's still probably not very good.



Real episode, next time. I promise.

No comments: