Last of the Monster Kids

Last of the Monster Kids
"LAST OF THE MONSTER KIDS" - Available Now on the Amazon Kindle Marketplace!

Friday, January 4, 2019

2019 Film Preview


I'm disappointed in myself. I let the tenth anniversary of Film Thoughts go by without any sort of special announcement or celebration. Yes, as of last April 24th, I have been updating this blog that all of six people read for over a decade. While my productivity has varied wildly from year to year, I'm still at it. If everything goes according to plan – it almost certainly won't – this should be a good year for Film Thoughts! Hopefully those words won't come back to haunt me, haha!

Through it all, one thing has driven me to keep working on Film Thoughts. That is, of course, a love of movies, of watching, talking, and writing about them. And, honestly, sometimes I get more excited thinking about movies that aren't out yet than I do about ones I've actually seen. Even as I become a grizzled old man, slouching towards middle-age, I guess I still have that childhood spark in me. That Christmas morning feeling of anticipation, of wanting to see new things.

So, without further ado, here is my annual list of new releases I am most excited for in the new year.


Top 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2019:


1. Benedetta

After reviewing all of Paul Verhoeven’s films in 2017, I found myself being just as big a fan of his earlier, Dutch films as his later, Hollywood movies. With the critical success of 2016’s “Elle,” the seemingly semi-retired Dutchman is now back at it, making perverse and satirical experiences. “Benedetta,” also known as “Blessed Virgin,” sounds like the climax of Verhoeven’s lifelong obsession with religious iconography. Based on the true story of a lesbian nun in 17th century Italy, this is looking to be the most prominent nunsploitation movie ever made. Recently, the screenwriter disowned the project because Verhoeven was focusing too much on the sex, which sounds exactly on-brand. Likely to be both trashy and arty, and tying together pretty much everything I love about the guy’s career, “Benedetta” is my most anticipated film of 2019.



2. Godzilla: King of the Monsters

As far as Hollywood blockbusters go this year, this is the big one for me. While 2014’s “Godzilla” was divisively received, I loved it. Toho filled the gap with the awesome “Shin Gojira” and those weird anime movies, the last of which hits Netflix next week. But the wait for Legendary's big budget follow-up is finally over. The perfectly titled “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” certainly earned my interest just by being a Godzilla movie. When it was announced that the movie would bring the Big G’s most beloved supporting monsters – Mothra! Rodan! King muthafuckin’ Ghidorah! – back to big screens, I was absolutely hyped but also had my concerns. That’s a lot of monsters to juggle in one movie. While we still don’t know if Micheal Dougherty – of “Trick R Treat” and “Krampus” fame and a strong replacement for Gareth Edwards – can do that successfully, the gorgeous and spellbinding trailers have confirmed this as my most anticipated Hollywood movie of 2019. Gimme right now.



3. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

While he still has a career, Quentin Tarantino did not make it out of the #MeToo movement with his hands totally clean. “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” sounds like it may directly address those concerns, since it’s set in Tinseltown circa 1969 and Roman Polanski is a supporting character. (Though Tarantino’s opinion on that matter may also be controversial.) As an unapologetic Q.T. stan, any new movie of his will be an event for me. I’m excited to see the director play with history again. One assumes the man behind “Inglourious Basterds” will not tell the story of Charles Manson and Sharon Tate exactly as it happened, even if they are only part of the film’s larger narrative. Mostly, I’m just pumped to see one of my favorite directors indulge his love of Hollywood during the groovy sixties, no matter how masturbatory throwing Bruce Lee and Steve McQueen into the narrative might be.

(It also sounds like we are in for a wave of Manson/Tate inspired films this year. Mary Harron’s “Charlie Says” sounded like a great idea but the festival reviews have been fairly negative. There’s also “The Haunting of Sharon Tate,” which is better left undiscussed.)



4. Midsommar

Ari Aster’s “Hereditary” blew my socks off last year, terrifying and shocking me enough to become the definitive film of experience of 2018. While the director doesn’t seem to define himself as a horror filmmaker, he is returning to the genre for his sophomore feature. Set in Scandinavia, the film follows a couple on holiday stumbling upon, and being targeted by, a pagan cult. In other words, this is Aster putting his mark on the folk horror subgenre, a pretty inviting proposal. Whether this will replicate the raw terror of Aster’s debut or be more of a “Wicker Man”-style slow burn is yet to be known, but I’m excited to find out.



5. Jojo Rabbit

This is a premise I wouldn’t trust to anyone but Taika Watiti. The film, set in Nazi Germany, is about a young boy and his imaginary friend: His idealized version of Adolf Hitler. That premise is hilariously offensive but Watiti, who I must stress is Jewish, is obviously setting out to mock the dictator, fascism, and antisemitism. (The director is playing the imaginary Hitler himself, an approach I’m very interested to see.) The plot involves the boy’s mother, played by also Jewish Scarlett Johansson, protecting a young Jewish woman from the Nazis. So presumably the titular kid will have his conception of Nazism challenged. Whether this ends up a fiasco or a new comedy masterpiece, I’m very intrigued to see how one of my favorite comedy directors right now will handle this outrageous premise.



6. The Lighthouse

Revisiting Robert Egger’s “The Witch” last Halloween, my estimation of the film rose considerably. It is, in fact, an impressive work of atmospheric horror. Egger’s follow-up sounds even more in my wheelhouse. Described as both dark fantasy and horror, the film is obviously set in a spooky old lighthouse, always a good setting for a creepy story. The film is apparently mostly a two-handler with Willem DaFoe, as the lighthouse keeper, and Robert Pattinson, as his protege. DaFoe in a spooky lighthouse would honestly be enough for me but the film is apparently entirely in black-and-white. Hollllly shit! While I’m sure Eggers will subvert audience expectations, I’m still expecting lots of dread, tension, and damp atmosphere.



7. Velvet Buzzsaw

I don’t know how 2019 will turn out but there will be plenty of bad-ass titles this year. “Velvet Buzzsaw” – roll those words on your tongue for a bit, doesn’t that sound amazing? – will be re-teaming director Dan Gilroy and Jake Gyllenhaal, the pairing behind the brilliant “Nightcrawler.” Seeing that director and star apply a similar approach to the art world would be tempting enough. But it gets better, as “Velvet Buzzsaw” is apparently a straight-up horror film involving a haunted painting punishing those without a proper appreciation for art. Bitchin’. We’ll know everything else about this mysterious project soon enough, as it hits Netflix February 1st.



8. Guns Akimbo

Daniel Radcliffe seems like a pretty smart guy, avoiding typical child star burnout by applying his wattage to weird, indie projects. While not a farting corpse, his latest film has already produced the viral image of an unshaven Radcliffe clad in a bathroom and fuzzy slippers while wielding two guns, akimbo as it were.

From the director of the delightfully nuts horror/comedy “Deathgasm,” the film is described as a wild action/comedy about a mopey nobody becoming entangled in internet death matches playing out in the city. Samara Weaving, who is forging a defiantly off-beat career herself, co-stars. That all sounds awesome to me.



9. Crawl

All right, I’ll admit that this year’s top ten is a little heavy on horror movies. I must be myself, guys. Alexandre Aja hasn’t made a good movie in a while, as “Horns” was mediocre and “The 9th Life of Louis Drax” was bafflingly sloppy. “Crawl,” however, may be a return to form. The film involves a young woman trapped by a hurricane in a flooded house infested with hungry alligators. That’s exactly the kind of trashy premise Aja can turn into gory, horror art when he’s on his A-game. It’s being produced by Sam Raimi too, which I know doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but has me hyped anyway.



10. Sonic the Hedgehog

Okay, you are probably wondering what this is doing on the list. Let me explain. I’ve been a Sonic the Hedgehog fan my entire life. I’ve written about it rather extensively. Pretty much as far back as I can remember, I have loved Sega’s blue, speedy hedgehog. For just as long, I have dreamed about a theatrically released “Sonic” motion picture. Of course, video game movies are generally shitty, as filmmakers usually have no respect for the material or stumble over the differences in the mediums’ pacing. Yet the “Sonic” franchise has a lot of convoluted lore, thanks to the countless games, long-running comics, and various cartoon shows. I had always hoped a potential "Sonic" movie would draw on that stuff.

We've known for a while that the movie will not be doing that. Instead, it's rather awful premise will shove a CGI Sonic alongside a bunch of human characters. It sounds like he'll be an on-the-run government experiment hiding in a small town and teaming up with a local cop. Not only is that rather divorced from the Sonic we know but also sounds like the set-up for one of those awful kid's comedies, like "Alvin and the Chipmunks" or "The Smurfs." (Or "Hop," which also co-starred James Marsden.) Yet I still had reason to be cautiously optimistic. "Deadpool's" Tim Miller is overseeing the production and those are two characters united by their 'tude. Ben Schwartz seems like a perfect pick to voice Sonic and I'm even into the idea of Jim Carrey playing Dr. Robotnik. Director Jeff Fowler's "Looney Tunes"-esque short "Gopher Broke" was sort of funny, making him seem like a decent choice to direct this. Surely it can't be that bad?

All of that cautious optimism was undone when some utterly ghastly teaser posters, showing a sockless Sonic with disturbingly muscled legs, was unveiled late last year. The internet has, accordingly, tore these apart. Just when the surprisingly good looking "Detective Pikachu" trailer arrives to make us think video game movies might be good, the "Sonic" movie looks like it'll be as big of a mess as we we're all expecting.

As a long time "Sonic" fan, I am absolutely accustomed to this franchise letting me down and becoming a laughing stock. With so much stacked against it, all I can really hope for is that this isn't a complete and total disaster. I would be satisfied with a simply mediocre film. Even with all this, my hardcore fandom forces me to put the film in my top ten most anticipated releases of the year. And even if the movie itself is trash, it did produce a hilarious Larry King interview.


Other Upcoming Films of Note:



3 from Hell
It seems the tide has turned on Rob Zombie: Filmmaker. While he still has his die hard defenders, horror fans in general are tolerating his shenanigans less and less. Whatever merits his “Halloween” films had, their wild reinterpretations were not well received. “31” was largely disliked too. Even “Lords of Salem” was divisive. Perhaps hoping to reestablish good will, Zombie is returning to his most well liked film. A sequel to “The Devil's Rejects,” “3 from Hell's” title suggests some sort of supernatural intervention for the infamous, and very dead last we saw them, Firefly brood. That might've been interesting. Apparently, though, Zombie is retconning his best film's suicide run ending in the laziest way possible. Which does not make me optimistic about this one.

The Addams Family
On paper, a CGI adaptation of “The Addams Family” sounds like another lazy kid's movie, of which there are countless released every year. It is, after all, another reboot of a long running property. That may not be the case though. The animation house behind this is Nitrogen Studios, previously of “Sausage Party,” suggesting this won't be typical kiddie flick prattle. The film's voice cast is so excellent that you could transpose this project into live action, keep the same actors, and it would still work. Lastly, the one peek we've gotten at the character designs are nicely grotesque. The first trailer will determine what the exact approach here and that'll dictate how excited I end up for this.



Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, and Spider-Man: Far from Home
What does the ever unstoppable Marvel money-making machine have in store for us this year? First up is “Captain Marvel.” I'm not that invested in the comic version of Carol Danvers, though Brie Larson seems like good casting. Mostly, the film's 90s period piece setting and the long-awaited cinematic introduction of the Skrulls is what excites me the most about this hotly anticipated project. There's so much chatter about the “Avengers” movie that I have nothing to say about the follow-up to “Infinity War,” other than I'm annoyed Disney made such a big deal about such a generic subtitle. Obviously, I'm on the hook for it no matter what.

I suppose “Spider-Man: Far from Home” is the Marvel flick I'm most interested in this year. I really loved “Homecoming” and am happy to see the same team return. I'm really excited to see Mysterio, among my favorite Spidey villain, come to the screen and think Jake Gyllenhaal will be delightful in the part. I just hope the movie doesn't get too wrapped up in dealing with the aftermath of Peter Parker not feeling too good. I prefer these films to stand alone as much as possible.

(By the way, it doesn't seem Disney's merger with Fox will affect the release of “X-Men: Dark Phoenix” and “The New Mutants,” at least not as of this moment. So there's more cape flicks to anticipate in 2018.)

Deprived
While indie horror mainstay Larry Fessenden is perpetually busy as a producer and character actor, through his Glass Eye Pix label, he hasn't directed a feature film since 2013's disappointing “Beneath.” That's changing with “Deprived,” which is already in post-production. It'll be the director's third riff on the “Frankenstein” story, following “No Telling” and two similarly themed shorts. From the sounds of it, this one shifts the idea to a Brooklyn setting and includes a PTSD angle. Looking forward to it!



Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile
Another candidate for 2019's best title, this is another film looking to ride our current wave of interest in true crime. It's a biopic about Ted Bundy, told from the perspective of his longtime girlfriend, Elizabeth Kloepfer. Zac Efron is playing Bundy, which seems like pitch perfect casting just based on physical appearance. It'll also be interesting to see if the heartthrob and former Disney Channel star can effectively subvert his hunky image by playing one of America's most notorious serial killers. Behind the camera is Joe Berlinger, an influential and prolific documentarian making his first narrative film since “Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2.” I bet this'll be better than that one.

Gretel and Hansel
I still don't know how I feel about Oz Perkins' career as a horror director. “I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House” was interesting but incredibly slow. “The Blackcoat's Daughter” was mostly just slow. “Gretel and Hansel” is his most high-profiled project yet. I imagine an artsy filmmaker like Perkins wouldn't be doing a fairy tale retelling if he didn't have a new take on it. It will certainly be interesting to see his methodical and atmosphere-heavy approach to horror applied to the familiar tale. Even better, fast emerging scream queen Sophia Lillis – who is also playing Nancy Drew this year – is starring as Gretel.



Greta
I wrote about this one last January, when it was still going by the title “The Widow.” I stand by everything I said then. About the consistently excellent quality of Neil Jordon's last few films and the strong cast. Since then, a trailer has emerged for the re-titled “Greta.” I was expecting a fairly serious, character-based thriller. The trailer promises something better. Judging by Isabella Huppert's crazed performance and the somewhat trashy approach to the material, this looks like a hag horror revival. That's certainly something I didn't expect in 2019 but I'm totally pumped for it.

It: Chapter Two, Pet Sematary, and Doctor Sleep
After “It” became the highest grossing horror film in history, the floodgates have been opened on Stephen King adaptations. Naturally, the promised second part of “It” is the highest profile example this year. I enjoyed the first installment quite a bit, even if it fell short of King's epic source material. The adult chapters in the books don't actually have that much stuff happening in them, which is probably why this sequel will still feature the young version of the Losers Club in flashbacks. Mostly, I'm into this one because I want to see whether or not Andy Muschietti wimps out on the novel's cosmic elements.

The other high profile King adaptation is a new version of “Pet Sematary.” I'm of the opinion that Mary Lambert's 1989 take on the story isn't especially good. I haven't read the novel but it's frequently listed among King's most intense books, so a new adaptation has a lot of merit. The duo behind “Starry Eyes,” a quality indie horror flick, are behind the camera. I also like the idea of John Lithgow stepping into Fred Gwnye's shoes. There's also “Doctor Sleep,” Mike Flanigan's adaptation of King's sequel to “The Shining.” The book was not good but “Gerald's Game” finally sold me on Flanigan's skills as a horror director, so we'll see. Which adult version of a famous literary child character will Ewan McGregor play next?



Hanukkah
Eben McGarr, the director behind low budget horror flicks “Sick Girl” and “House of the Wolfman,” first promised this film about to a decade ago. Some amusingly punny posters were released and then news went quiet. I had given up hope that we Jews would finally get our own holiday-themed slasher flick. And then, suddenly last year, news broke that filming had finally started on McGarr's “Hanukkah.” With Sid Haig in the cast list, no less! I tend to like McGarr's films more conceptually than in execution but there's no way I won't be checking this one out.

Kindred Spirits, Darlin', and The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot
After his last few projects have been largely ignored, 2018 is looking to be a busy one for Film Thoughts favorite Lucky McKee. “Kindred Spirits” is described as a possibly supernatural tinged thriller about sisterly rivalry starring Thora Birch. Frequent Jeremy Saulnier collaborator Macon Blair is also on the cast list, giving this one more indie cred. I have no idea if this'll make more of a splash than McKee's last few films. That he was so positive about it on Twitter is honestly what makes me hope this one will be a return to form.

Aside from that, he's also a producer on “Darlin'” and the fantastically entitled “The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot.” The latter got positive reviews on the festival circuit last year and features a plum starring role for Sam Elliot. The former is a sequel to McKee's “The Woman,” directed by its star, Pollyanna MacIntosh. (This marks the second time one of McKee's leading ladies would direct a spiritual successor to their film together.) It's a fantastic idea, even if I'll miss the involvement of the late Jack Ketchum and Lauren Ashley Carter.



Knives Out
While J.J. Abrams will presumably be furiously reversing every interesting idea introduced in “The Last Jedi,” Rian Johnson has been occupied with another project. We still don't know much about “Knives Out.” It's been described as a classical whodunit style murder mystery. That right there is pretty cool but then you see the – incoming pun – murderer's row of talent Johnson has assembled. Who would've thought that the director of the “Star Wars” movie people still won't shut up about would be the guy to bring James Bond, Captain America, Laurie Strode, Crockett, General Zod and Christopher Plummer together?

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
That subtitle makes me laugh every time I read it. Will this be better than “The Lego Batman Movie,” still the pentacle of building brick toy inspired cinema? It's hard to say but the trailer does feature someone tickling a velociraptor like it's a puppy dog.



Lucy in the Sky
I don't watch much serialized television but people keep telling me Noah Hawley's TV shows, “Legion” and “Fargo,” are excellent. Hawley makes the leap to feature director with “Lucy in the Sky,” which was titled “Pale Blue Dot” until recently. It's a drama inspired by Lisa Nowack, forever known to history as the Astronaut Diaper Lady. That story, of someone falling from national hero to unstable stalker, certainly deserves to be told. Watching Natalie Portman play a slowly unraveling astronaut should be interesting. The supporting cast is pretty stacked too,

Men in Black International
I'm not proud to admit this but the original “Men in Black” is still one of my favorite movies. Despite the film presenting a fascinating world to explore, the sequels ranged from lame to merely passable. There's no reason to expect this Will Smith-less spin-off/quasi-reboot will be any better. However, it may be fun to see Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson go on another wacky, alien-filled adventure together. And, hey, if Sony could finally spin their idea for a “Spider-Man” cinematic universe into something good, maybe this'll work too. Will Hemsworth rap the theme song? Probably not. Will it be better than that proposed crossover with “21 Jump Street?” Absolutely not.



Missing Link
Despite none of their movies making that much money, stop-motion animation studio Laika is still putting out a new release every few years. “Missing Link” seems a little more accessible than the studio's previous films. Meaning it looks like more of a typical, aggressively wacky kid's movie. Still, I'm willing to give Laika the benefit of the doubt at this point. Surely Zach Galifianakis as a jolly Bigfoot will produce some chuckles? (This is also, weirdly, the second in a three film wave of sasquatch themed children's films.)

Rabid
Out of all of David Cronenberg's films, “Rabid” is the one that probably could most prosper from a remake. Downplaying the quarantined city aspect of the story to focus more on its female protagonist's transformation into a sci-fi vampire would've made for a stronger film. That sounds like what the Soskas Sisters are doing with their remake. It's also pretty smart to get women to direct this femme-focused story. Likewise, if someone's going to remake the work of a respected genre autuer, it's probably best that directors people already respect are behind the camera.



Rambo V: Last Blood
In the decade “Rambo 5” has spent in development, it's stumbled through some bizarre script changes. At one point, Rambo was going to fight a genetically engineered monster solider. At another point, it was going to be a TV show or not feature Stallone at all. At one point, not too long ago, Sly abandoned the project all together, deciding Rambo's journey ended with the surprisingly concise conclusion to the fourth film. Obviously, he changed his mind, presumably because he wants to give this character a dramatic death scene. “Rambo V: Last Blood” will see the world's angriest senior citizen dressing up like a cowboy and fighting Mexican drug cartels, a premise that seems pretty poorly timed right now. At least we're getting an awesome subtitle out of the deal.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
To horror fans of a certain age, the “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark” children's book series is notorious. Not so much because of the stories themselves, which were mostly retellings of well-known urban legends. It's because of Stephen Gammell's utterly nightmarish illustrations. If I'm being utterly honest, I never read the books as a kid because I found the illustrations that fucking unsettling. And now, riding the same wave in kid-friendly horror and nineties nostalgia that got the “Goosebumps” movie made, we're getting a “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark” motion picture. (This same wave has also gotten a “Are You Afraid of the Dark?” movie rushed into development.)

Much like that “Goosebumps” film, this won't be an anthology feature but will instead weave together the various stories into one narrative. Unlike “Goosebumps,” this project sounds a lot darker – supposedly about teens investigating murders in a small town, which brings with it vibes of “IT” – and has some serious talent behind the camera. André Øvredal of  “Trollhunter” fame is directing with Guillermo del Toro functioning as a very hands-on producer. It's been confirmed that the film will uses Gammell's artwork as the basis for the creature designs, which is pretty much the most important thing. Also, up-and-coming monster performer Javier Botet is appearing in the film, hopefully as Harold.



Shaft and The Outlaw Johnny Black
I'm not ready to declare a full-blown blaxploitation revival here in 2019 but we will be seeing two notable new additions to the genre. While reviewing the previous remake of “Shaft,” I talked about my hopes that the latest reboot of that series could address the themes of racial injustice and social unrest that version was too afraid to tackle. Whether 2019's “Shaft” will do that is still up in the air. Director Tim Story doesn't have the best resume. But it is cool that this isn't a straight remake but another loose sequel, as both Richard Roundtree and Samuel L. Jackson will be reprising their roles as the first and second generation Shafts. Relative newcomer Jessie T. Usher is starring.

This year will also, hopefully, see the release of “The Outlaw Johnny Black.” A spiritual sequel to the much loved “Black Dynamite,” this time Michael Jai White will be riffing on the oddly prolific subgenre of blaxploitation westerns. I do have my concerns though. First off, White has said this film will be more family friendly than “Black Dynamite,” which seems antithetical to the goal here. Secondly, the teaser trailer put together for the film's IndieGoGo campaign looked really cheap. So we'll see. I want this to be good so badly.

Shazam! and Joker
For a while, it was a meme that Marvel movies were good and DC movies were bad. Considering the commercial and critical success of “Wonder Woman” and “Aquaman,” it seems to me that people like DC movies as long as Zack Snyder doesn't direct them. While their plans for a cinematic universe seems more-or-less dead, WB is certainly still interested getting superhero movies made. Both of comic-dom's Captain Marvels will be on-screen this year though, for many reasons, DC's Captain is now going by “Shazam!” The trailer looks absolutely delightful, striking the right balance of childhood glee, goofy comedy, and superhero theatrics. I was unsure about Zachary Levi as the Big Red Cheese – Terry Crews was my first pick and I liked fan suggestions such as Channing Tatum or John Cena – but he seems to have nailed the part.

Presumably less kid-friendly will be “Joker.” An Elseworld story set in the 1980s, the film will depicted how the Joker became Gotham City's most notorious supervillain. I have many mixed feelings about this project. The lack of a definitive origin story is a big part of the Joker's DNA. There are rumors that the film will reveal the Clown Prince of Crime as Bruce Wayne's secret half-brother, an extremely stupid twist that is almost assuredly happening. On the other hand, Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker is an admittedly intriguing idea, I like the look of the set photos, and the supporting cast is fantastic. And what the hell am I going to do? Not see the new superhero movie? I'm a fucking nerd with an A-List subscription and too much free time. Of course, I”m seeing it.



Untitled Terminator Reboot
Speaking as someone who has enjoyed every “Terminator” movie Arnold Schwarzenegger has appeared in, let it be known that I could not be more sincere when I say: Let it die. Please, let it die. This will be the third attempt to relaunch the “Terminator” franchise in the last ten years. The last two two reboots where not well received and both underperformed at the box office. So why? Well, this latest iteration probably happened because James Cameron regained the rights to the series this year. He has a story credit on the new film and will produce, while “Deadpool's” Tim Miller is directing and fucking David Goyer is doing the script. No, I'm not interested in seeing geriatric Arnold and Linda Hamilton – both of whom I dearly love! – trot their characters back out again. After this one inevitably flops, I hope people realize that there's just no more blood to squeeze from the “Terminator” stone.


Further films I'm looking forward to in 2019 include:

Alita: Battle Angel, American Dharma, Boogyeman Pop, Brightburn, Curse of the Blind Dead, The Death of Dick Long, Dreamland, A Field Guide to Evil, Frozen 2, Glass, The Hole in the Ground, In the Shadow of the Moon, John Wick: Chapter 3, Luz, Prisoners of the Ghostland, The Rusalka, Satanic Panic, Seven Stages to Achieve Eternal Bliss by Passing Through the Gateway Chosen by the Holy Storsh, Tone-Deaf, Toy Story 4, Untitled Sparks Documentary, Us, Wounds, and Zombieland 2.

No comments: