Last of the Monster Kids

Last of the Monster Kids
"LAST OF THE MONSTER KIDS" - Available Now on the Amazon Kindle Marketplace!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bangers n' Mash 19: Dudes

This actually went up nearly two weeks ago. You can tell I'm real invested in posting these to my blog.



If it wasn't all ready apparent, I do "The Bangers n' Mash Show" strictly because my brain forces me too. I frequently don't enjoy the long hours I put into editing each episodes. (Something like 12 hours to cut 2 1/2 hours of audio.) And it's obvious that I don't do it for my fans. As you can see, as of now, this latest episode has exactly 9 views. I keep hoping that, if I stick it out long enough, eventually a following will form. But to be honest, I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

No, I work on the Podcast Nobody Likes or Listens To strictly because the demons that live in my brain tell me I have too. Neither my co-host or I are willing to give up on it as of now. It's become a weird part of my daily life, along with all the other nerdy busy body I do every day. The point of this rant is that this latest episode has an audience-isolating topic: Dude movies. Some of you probably don't even know what a "dude movie" is, exactly. We explain in the audio but the short version is they are comedies revolving around a pair (or more) of young men going on wacky adventures. The "Bill and Ted" and "Wayne's World" series are probably the prime example. Guessing by the number of views, this isn't a topic we'll be returning to anytime soon.

Anyway, another episode is all ready half-way finished, another Nerd Vomit where we rant about "Man of Steel." (Short version: I liked it.) That should be out in a few days. Horror after that, promise.

No comments: